Saturday, February 12, 2011

A cold realization

it's cold inside my lonely head
it's cold in here I say
it's cold from inside to the out
I think I'll run away
I can't run away from here
I'm trapt inside my head
my mind is dead and gone away
so heavy and grey as led

I run and run and run some more
but stuck in here I stay
so lost so dead and so confused
my thoughts I can't betray
I'll start at one
then two then three
I'll battle night and day
untill there's nothing left but me

my trials far from gone
it's always cold in here
but that's okay, I know it is
I've nothing left to fear
I get it now I promise you
I've got a plan you see
we can sit and stay here
because it's destiny

and lost your not
you know your way
created you this place
please visit soon and don't delay
your mind, you alone must face

so journey on
inside my mind
unlock it's last trapt door
the secrets lay inside I'll find
and live with them once more.

1 comment:

  1. Your last three stanza's were very nice-- I know because they had a near haunting effect after. I love it when writing does that, it takes a piece of its spirit and haunts you afterward.

    Great poem, not too rhymey, not too chaotic, just right.

    ReplyDelete