Tuesday, January 25, 2011

introduction to who i think i am


-If I was lying you wouldn’t know, it’s when I’m telling the truth that it’s questionable.

-Today I looked in the mirror and I didn’t like what I saw. I saw pure loneliness and shame, fear and disgrace, failure and worthlessness, then I saw how I felt… nothing.

-“Scars tell us where we have been, they don’t dictate where we are going.”


-Don’t judge my mistakes until you have looked at your own.

-Sometimes you have to forgive the forgive less, love the loveless, and care for the careless. No matter the hate and the anger, the fear and the pain. Sometime you have to turn and walk away to forget the forget less.


-Sometimes you have to let go of yesterday grab today and reach for tomorrow, and do that all with your heart not your mind.

-You can’t lose something that was never there.

- I cry for you because I love you.        


-         The smoke that fills the air is as misty as the night. This is me and it twists my stomach into knots to think about. I’m afraid to cry, to show my weakness. There is no worse feeling then the feeling of a lost soul like mine. I melt in misery. 


-         Can you hear that sound of sorrow? The music of our lives. The piano is weeping. The still silence and now the small taps of a drum. Soft and slow like the weak beating of the heart. “No longer easy on the eyes.” “Now we live inside, someone we do not recognize, when we catch our reflections on accident.” Five-hundred thousand feet down and we stand on the edge with arms stretched out wide just trying to take flight. Feel the emptiness of life and one event has ended it.

I'm me, I THINK. Just like any other person I'm not quite sure who I am, and just like all others I have had a hard life. I write. I write these poems and quotes, in search of who I am. I write about my problems thinking maybe, just maybe I will stubble upon who I really am. I crave the KNOWLEDGE of what I am all about, who I am inside and out. This class will give me the opportunity to write some more. I hope to find myself by the end of this year and just before the end of the young life and start of the real life, the GROWN up years.

4 comments:

  1. This was a great intro. The quotes you used are some quotes that everyone should know. I hope you find yourself as well and hope you can have a great life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give credit where credit is deserved ; you make it sound like you've written all this yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like the format. very honest. the quotes give insight to the real you.

    what do you like to do? where do you want your life to go? the whole entry was about finding yourself. but what about the you right now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are my quotes... or like one or two are from random things I have heard but I don't remember who said it. I don't know who I am haha

    ReplyDelete